- Release all pre-conceived ideas about trance and hypnosis.
- Release all expectations about how it will unfold. Whatever happens will be exactly what you need at this time in your journey. Know that the Universe has its own timing and reasons beyond the human mind’s control or understanding of the details.
- Pay attention to your daydreams and dreams a few days before your session since your Higher Self is now initiating an even deeper connection with you.
- Refrain from alcohol and drugs for a few days before your session. Limit caffeine intake especially on the day of your session.
- Please eat a healthy and satisfying breakfast and lunch before arriving, so that we can focus on the healing and not feel hungry.
- Sleep well the night before and relax.
- Bring your list of questions. You can jot down notes or write in full sentences, or just remember them in your mind. Either way we will be talking about them in person before you go into trance and have your questions answered.
- Bring your water container – a jar or bottle (we will infuse it with healing energies for you to take home).
- Wear comfortable loose-fitting clothing.
- Bring a snack to eat after your session which will help ground you back to this world.
- If you have a favourite sleep mask/eye cover, please bring that with you. Otherwise I will have a fresh one ready for you.
- Let your loved ones know they can’t sit in on the session with you. You can meet them afterward.
- Please refrain from wearing scents and perfumes to the healing center as a courtesy for those who have allergies.
- Come with an open heart and enjoy your session!
How to Prepare for a Quantum Healing Session
Provided courtesy of Candace Craw-Goldman at
The most important way to prepare for a session is from the moment you have decided to schedule an appointment is to have a clear and direct communication with the part of you that is able to provide healing and information. That part of you is your Higher Self. Say to yourself, “I have a clear and direct communication with my Higher Self.” Note the tense of this sentence, it’s not “I will have,” it’s “I have.”
You can then repeat this intention silently or out loud throughout your day and most importantly, right before you go to sleep at night. Put a note on your bathroom mirror to remind you to focus upon your intention as you brush your teeth and prepare for bed. You will want to prepare a list of questions and concerns. Your facilitator will ask you to write your questions on paper and provide them at your appointment. Of course, they can be modified them when it’s time for your session.
Neatly hand write the list or print it out on the computer so your questions can be easily read during the session. Also, put these questions and concerns in the order of importance as we may not be able to address them all. Some clients have one question or issue of concern, while others have dozens. It really does not matter how many you come up with as long as you put them in order of importance.
What kind of questions? The general rule is to ask personal questions or keep topics related to your personal life. Here are a few examples.
- I have had asthma since birth. Why? Can it be healed?
- I am in a new love relationship. Is this person the right one for me?
- I really dislike my job and would like to quit and find a new one. Should I?
- I have a difficult relationship with my sister. Why is this so and can it be resolved?
- Many years ago I had something strange happen to me. (This could be a dream, vision, feeling, or experience)
- What exactly happened, and why?
- I have a lifelong interest in (name ANY subject) can we explore this in depth?
- Am I on my right spiritual path?
- Can I meet my spirit guide or guardian angel?
- Can I improve my intuitive or psychic skills? How?
- How can I create more peace or balance or abundance in my life?
Your facilitator may have a list of “standard” questions so don’t worry if you have a short list.
- Try to pay attention to your dreams before your appointment. Write them down. They are messages for you and it can help with your session. If you do not already meditate, it’s a good time to start. At the very least, give yourself quiet time daily to quiet your mind chatter.
- Don’t drink alcoholic and caffeinated beverages before the session or the evening before, if possible. If you are a regular morning coffee drinker, please don’t skip your coffee, but keep it to a minimum before your session.
- Light exercise prior to your appointment, like a long walk, is an excellent way to prepare for a successful session. This is another good time to repeat your intention. We want your body relaxed, but your mind quiet, alert and engaged.
- Clear your day for the session if possible. We begin by talking, going over the process, and your questions. Then you get comfortable, relaxed and we begin the actual hypnotic regression. Afterwards, we go over what was experienced and make sure you are awake and grounded. This entire process can take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours total, and occasionally even a little bit longer.
- It is generally not a good idea to have additional appointments after your regression, or activities that require a great deal of concentration. You should take it easy.
Having a regression is very much like participating in a long, detailed and involved daydream. You really will feel as if you have just returned from an amazing journey, having visited other worlds and lifetimes, and in fact, you will have done just exactly that. It is best to have some time to process your experience and give yourself an opportunity to fully return to your regular conscious day-to-day reality before attempting any complex mental tasks or strenuous physical activity.
You will be provided a copy of your session. Listening to your session in the days, weeks and even months ahead, is an important part of the experience of a Cannon Method Regression. Even if your conscious mind remembers the session immediately afterwards, it can, just as some dreams can, begin to fade from your memory, even if you had an “unforgettable” experience! In addition, any healing or life improvement suggestions can and will be reinforced by listening repeatedly to the audio. The goal is to have your conscious mind “get on board” and align with your Higher Self and its goals, and accept any changes or healing you intend to occur.
Located below is a special MP3 file that can help you prepare. This is a special guided meditation that will bring you into a peaceful and relaxed state and let you practice visualizing or otherwise experiencing your own lovely and personal garden of healing. Your Higher Self is also able then to make a special connection to my Higher Self while listening to my voice in this excercise. Many clients report significant shifts in healing and more just by completing this first step, and making that connection! The recording is yours free of obligation, in any case, you need not make an appoinment to listen or benefit.
The file is also downloadable and you can put it on any mobile device you would like.
QHHT Practitioners Suzanne Spooner and Maria Eugenia Perez of QHHT Dolores Cannon En Espanol discuss how to prepare for a hypnosis session with Dolores Cannon’s Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique.